We require the services of energetic and zealous individuals to fill positions of Head Internal Audit and Chief Financial Officer. Ideal candidates will have extensive experience in financial services, with people management experience.
The positions are:
- Head Internal Audit Division (Head Office-Islamabad)
- Chief Financial Officer (Head Office-Islamabad)
The Head Internal Audit reports directly to the Audit Committee of Board of Directors of the Bank. He is responsible to effectively manage affairs of the Audit Division.
Focus will be on
- Leading, and creating a best-in-class internal audit function.
- Setting the strategic and operational objectives of the internal audit Division, and monitoring and reporting achievement of these to the Audit Committee.
- Design and delivery of a robust audit plan.
- Identification of key areas of improvement and the effective reporting of these areas to management and Audit Committee.
- Providing advice to management on governance risk and controls, working closely with the Risk and Compliance functions.
- Adding value and improving operational performances throughout a range of different businesses.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with wide range of stakeholders at all levels.
- Acting as a primary point of contract for the external auditors.
Candidate will have the following attributes:
- Member of recognized body of professional accountants of certified Internal Auditor or Certified Fraud Examiner, or Certified Internal Control Auditor or Master Degree in Finance from HEC recognized University with minimum five years relevant experience.
- Excellent Communication and networking skills, with the ability to facilitate Business units in understanding risks and developing effective control.
- Strong commercial acumen, an ability to understand the key driver in diverse businesses, must be solutions driven, and be able to influence at all levels.
- Working with the president/CEO on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships, as well as assisting in the development and negotiations of contracts.
- Ensure consolidation and preparation of statutory financial statements i.e. Balance sheet, Profit and loss Accounts, cash flows etc. in accordance with the requirements of State Bank of Pakistan, the Banking Companies Ordinance, 1962, the Companies Ordinance, 1984, International Accounting Standards and Statements by the Standing Interpretations Committee as adopted by ICAP and approved by the SECP as well as all other applicable circulars, notifications, amendments, best-practice statements and judgments of external auditors with respect to specific financial reporting issues.
- Manage timely submission of all statutory returns to SECP, SBP and other regulatory bodies after completing necessary requirements, report changes therein to the regulatory authorities within the prescribed time frame to meet the regulatory requirements and avoid penalty(ies).
- Responsible for ensuring that appropriate advice is given to the Board on all financial matters.
- Responsible for keeping proper financial records and accounts
- Responsible for maintaining an effective system of internal financial control.
- Coordinate with Head of Treasury function in developing policies for long, medium and short term fund requirements and monitor the transfer of funds between various bank
- Draft amendment(s) in the Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association as per instructions issued by the members and the BoD in accordance with the procedure laid down in the Companies Ordinance, 1984, submit approval by the competent authority for such amendments with the regulatory bodies and disseminate the same to whosoever is entitled to receive such amendments; update Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Participate in developing new business, specifically: assist the President /CEO in identifying new funding opportunities, the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery.
- Assess the benefits of all prospective contracts and advise Executive Team on programmatic design and implementation matters.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approve and available.
- A member of recognized body of professional accountants with at least five years relevant experience. Preference will be given to those candidates having additional exposure of dealing company matters (e.g ensuring that Board procedures are followed, applicable Laws, rules and regulations and other relevant statements of best practice are complied with) as Company Secretary.
Salary package will be competitive and market based
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Envelope must be marked with the position applied for
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview
Application (on given format, if you like) along with a recent photograph and copies of testimonials may be sent latest by May 04, 2015 at the following address
Human Resources Development
56-F, Nazim-ud-Din Road, F-6/1, Blue Area, Islamabad.